Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 2: Plan (laundry/bathroom)

1. what do I want the purpose of the room to be? I need it to be a space for laundry, bathroom, baby changing area, storage for preschool supplies, art supplies, overflow of kitchen appliances and storage.

2. What do I need in or near the room to serve the purpose? I need shelves, lots of shelves...I am thinking a wall to floor type thing but just cant be too expensive.

3. What can I remove from the room? As I look at it, it seems the easiest to remove would be the extra clothes, painting supplies, and toys.

4. What problems do I see with the room? Unorganized plus easily messy. I clean it but it takes no time for it to feel messy. Need some more stable organizational tools.

5. What Organizational tools might help this? I need a laundry sorter for sure. Three sorter because I use reusable wipes so I need a separate area for those. Also wall shelves too.

6. What habits need to change to solve the organization problem? I feel my biggest problem is not taking care of things right when I see it. If something falls, pick it up!

7. What kind of budget do I have to create the organized room of my dreams? I would say no more than a hundred dollars. Money is tight this month but really want to get some stuff done so I would say $100 is all we can do.

8. What kind of timeline is necessary? Well its the 28 Day challenge so.........28 days!!

9. What is my plan of action? A little everyday....three kids, husband, cat, dog and home daycare...I don't have a lot of time and can get overwhelmed very fast so I am going to commit to 15 minutes a day. If I have more time then I will spend it but at least 15 minutes to put towards it a day!

10 Who can I ask to help me? My mom....she is usually here every weekend so I will have to recruit her on the weekends :)


Use these questions to start your room reorganizing....and then let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment